Pegasus Opera is an award-winning financial accounting software application designed to run on Windows desktops, but did you know that by utilising the services of a hosted remote desktop service you can have a very cost effective and easy way to run Pegasus in the cloud, allowing all your team to access it from anywhere and on any device securely over the Internet.
What is Pegasus Opera?
Pegasus Opera, including the current version Pegasus Opera 3 is a complete business solution. Modular in format it can be integrated throughout your organisation giving you a unified view, eliminating the need to run separate finance, payroll, CRM and service systems. Opera from Pegasus Software is fully integrated with modules for financial management, supply chain management, Opera 3 Payroll includes auto enrolment in workplace pensions, HR, and business intelligence.
What are the benefits of running Pegasus Opera in the cloud?
There are many benefits from running Opera and Opera 3 in the cloud on a hosted desktop service, especially in modern times where businesses need to give their employees the flexibility to work from home. Here are just some of the benefits of hosting Pegasus Opera on remote desktops:
- Work from anywhere over the internet.
- No complex network required, just simple broadband
- Doesn’t need super-fast broadband, if you can stream YouTube videos then it’s fast enough.
- Run on any device, imagine being able to run Pegasus Opera Payroll on a Mac or even running the full desktop version of Pegasus Opera on an Android tablet or iPad. Running Opera on a hosted desktop means you can access it from PC, Mac, iOS, Android, or Google Chromebooks
- No IT skills required, the servers and infrastructure are part of a fully managed services where the Backups, Anti-Virus, Windows Updates, and day to day support are all included.
- No Contractual tie ins, just rolling month by month contracts.
- Cheaper than Pegasus Software’s own cloud hosting service for Opera – Pegasus Business Cloud.
- Increased cost effectiveness if you need Pegasus Opera 3 SQL Server edition, Opera SE, see details later in this article.
- ISO 27001 certified for Information Security Management in UK data centre.
- 5% uptime guarantee and 24/7 support for critical issues.
Integrating Pegasus Opera with Microsoft Office
The great thing about hosting Pegasus Opera on a remote desktop is that you can integrate it with other business software such as Microsoft Office, including enterprise plans of Microsoft 365. If you integrate with any other 3rd party application this can also be installed on the remote desktop server to fully move your business IT to the cloud.
I’m using Pegasus Opera SE, can I use SQL Server on a remote desktop?
Pegasus traditionally uses a FoxPro database, but the new Pegasus Opera SE takes advantage of the power, scalability and security of Microsoft SQL Server. Running this on a remote desktop server is not only possible but also advantageous as there are some significant savings to be had in the way Microsoft SQL Server is licenced. Talk to one of Your Office Anywhere’s technical sales consultants to find out more about hosting SQL Server alongside Pegasus Opera SE.
What are the benefits of upgrading to Pegasus Opera 3?
If you are considering upgrading to Opera 3 but are also looking at other cloud based alternatives then it’s important to take into consideration that running Opera 3 on a hosted remote desktop service gives you all the benefits of running in the cloud plus all the feature rich functionality that the Opera 3 desktop application provides that you just can’t get from web based apps.
How to implement Pegasus Opera on a hosted remote desktop?
The technical team at Your Office Anywhere, would typically work alongside your Opera consultant to ensure a smooth transition from a local server to a cloud based one, so no technical skills are required by the end customer.
How do I find out about moving Opera to a hosted remote desktops?
Speak with one of the technical sales consultants at Your Office Anywhere to find out all about hosting Opera on a remote desktop service. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone 01282 500318, or complete the form below.